Thursday 25 March 2010

~ Week Four: People ~

This week I focused just on people, mostly close-ups of their face, the reason for this is that I wanted to capture the details of the skin, face and other features you wouldn't usually think about just seeing them using the naked eye.





Here i tried getting her in focus whilst trying to blur the rest of the background, i wanted to get an similar style to the bokeh effect (which is when part of the image is in focus whilst the rest is so out of focus you can't make out with the surroundings are for example : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Josefina_with_Bokeh.jpg/800px-Josefina_with_Bokeh.jpg)my background is not as out focused as bokeh pictures are this is because I wasn't sure how to make it really out of focus just using a 30mm lens.



The idea for this image was to just get her eye mostly in focus, trying to get as much detail as I could using the lens I was using; even though the rest of the face is in focus too I think the outcome wasn't as bad as expected and made quite a good image.



Like the above picture I only wanted one part of the face in focus, this image worked as planned, it might of looked better if I made the rest of the image more out of focused, but either way I don't think its that bad. The reason i wanted to do images like this was because I saw these images which have a good range of depth of field and wanted to recreate something like it. http://digital-photography-school.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/depth-of-field-1.jpg. and http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/87826240.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=910C62E22B9F47AABFFB4C56AB67BCC1C0090B568F1B6CD64C5CEE6244908C1CE30A760B0D811297



this image is a bit different to the ones above, this is because I wanted to try something new, and after looking up various images by David Hockney. As he takes lots of images of the one subject but different views of the subject then putting them together to form a unrealistic portrait. For example here is a link to one of his many images he has produced http://www.mexicanpictures.com/headingeast/images/david-hockney.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment